Monday, December 15, 2014

Word of the Day: Eloquent

Hey Kiwi's! I'm starting something new. Word of the day! I'm doing this to expand my and your vocabulary, plus it's kind of fun searching up weird and wacky words! 
I'll be using multiple dictionaries and such, so that you can see many different definitions and examples and maybe even be able to use the word in everyday speech.

I'm thinking about throwing in prefixes and suffixes. Maybe even words in other languages! For now, I'll stick with English words. 

Eloquent (el-uh-kwent) 
-adj.

1) vividly or movingly expressive
2) having the power of fluent, forceful, appropriate speech
3) expressing oneself readily, clearly, and effectively
4) fluently persuasive 

ex. "John gave a very eloquent speech at the conference"
ex. "Her speech was so eloquent that she persuaded me to join the organization"

Hope you enjoyed! If you have any suggestions on how I can make this better, just comment! Bye-bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment